5.Avoid the second half of the months, Karkataka, Dhanus, Kumbha and Meena ( in sauramana).
6. Avoid janma naskatra and the 2 anujanmas for both husband and wife.
7. Avoid chaturthi, ashtami,navami, ekadashi,dvadashi (harivasara period), chaturdashi, amavasya, purnima ,sankranthi, eclipses and ashtaka kala. Maithuna on these days will cause debility in the quality of the sperm and various other repercussions including childlessness in the future births.
8. At the time of conception, the moon should be ideally traversing the 3rd, 6th, 10th or 11th rasis from the husband's janma rasi with benefic aspects from Guru and Sukra.
9. Maithuna should be strictly avoided during vows and wherever brahmacharya is prescribed such as on days when pitrukarya is done.
The tithis and nakshatras at the time of maithuna should be taken into consideration and not at sunrise.
Based on the menstrual cycle
10. Avoid maithuna itself in the first four nights of menstruation. This will cause debility in sperm quality.
11. If the menstruation starts when moon is traversing the 3rd, 6th, 10th or 11th rasis from the janma rasi of the wife,avoid conceiving in that cycle. The ovum will not be healthy in such cycles.
How to find this ?
Start counting from your janma rasi taking that as the 1st. Identify the 3rd, 6th, 10th and 11th rasis from there. Find out which nakshatras come under these rasis. Find out the nakshatra of the 1st day of menstruation from the panchangam
12. Starting from the 5th night from the 1st day of menstruation till the 16th night is the fertile period.
13.The conception should happen during night only. A child conceived during day may develop undesirable character and vices.
14.Conceiving on the 11th and 13th nights from the first day of menstruation should be avoided at any cost.Conception on the 11th night will lead to birth of a female child of loose character. A child born out of conception in the 13th night will be female and will be constantly engaged in committing various sins.
15. The 7th night from the first day of menstruation should also be avoided as the child born thus is likely to be short lived.
16. Those desirous of a male child should try and conceive on the 6th, 8th,10th,12th,14th or 16th nights from the 1st day of menstruation.
17. Those desirous of a female child should conceive on the 5th, 9th or 15th nights.
18.The couple should be relaxed, peaceful, joyful and strongly desirous of having a progeny at the time of conception. They should possess only noble thought during these days as it will have great impact on the child to be born.
No wonder we have too many bad people around us these days !!!!!!